Sunday 13 January 2013

Revlon Lip Butters: Review ♥

Hello lovely followers,

Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Is it too late to say that now? I hope you all had lovely Christmas' and New Years, and that you all ate and drank too much and were very very merry. I had a lovely Christmas and skiing holiday in Austria over new year, and I'm now back to my usual motivated blogger self with lots of exciting posts coming up featuring some of my new presents and goodies.

To start 2013, I thought I'd do a long awaited post about my Revlon Lip Butters - they've caused quite a stir since hitting our shelves and I think most bbloggers have at least one in their collection, so this won't be the only review out there, but I'm going to add my pennies worth anyway. It was back in summer that I bought my first one, a light pink shade, 'Strawberry Shortcake' and I found it perfect to just add a bit of colour whilst on holiday and it looked amazing with a tan, whilst also giving my lips a burst of moisture which is essential in sunnier climes.

Along came autumn/winter and I have to say I forgot about it a little bit and was more focussed on darker shades and strayed more towards my Mac Plumful and other similar lipsticks, then one night whilst I was browsing Boots I remembered how much I loved my 'Strawberry Shortcake' and decided a darker shade would be perfect for winter as it also has a lip balm effect which would combat the inevitable dry winter lips. 'Raspberry Pie' jumped out at me and I just fell in love. I loved it that much I even bought my sisters one each too as a stocking filler for christmas as I knew they'd love it too (even better was the fact that because I bought three I got a gorgeous gold glitter nail varnish for free!!)







Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake



Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie



Raspberry Pie has been my go to winter shade as the bright colour definitely spices up any outfit and it's so moisturising it barely feels like a lipstick at all, the shine it offers too is amazing. They each retail at around £7.99 I think, which isn't bad at all compared to Mac lipsticks being around the £13-14 mark and the pigmentation is amazing for a lip butter. All in all 10/10 from me! I can't wait to add a few more to my collection.

What do you guys think of these lip butters? Do you have any in your collection?

Love
x

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous colors,they look great on you ! I never tried lip butters, crazy right , i should purchase some they seem to be amazing !

    x Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're definitely my favourites (so far, anyway). I'd definitely recommend them. If you buy them let me know, I'd love to hear what you think :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Oh I love these i have about 9 of them im kinda hooked blame it on been a blogger lol got your link from bbloggers :) following now love you photos they are so clear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 9! That's amazing. Being a blogger definitely takes it's toll on the old bank account doesn't it! Thanks for following, that's so lovely :) xo

      Delete
  3. Love the lip butters. The shades really suit you! Just followed :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they, and thanks very much, hopefully I'll get a couple of other nice shades soon. Thanks for following :) xo

      Delete
  4. I only have Cupcake but I'm not impressed, these are not moisturizing enough for my eczema prone lips ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've not tried that one yet. That's such a shame that it doesn't work for you! Have you tried a lip balm underneath to give that extra moisture?xo

      Delete
  5. i eventually got on the hype and bought one of these on friday! great review and photos

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // @thelovecatsinc // YT: thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like it? Awh thanks very much :) xo

      Delete
  6. Lovely colours! I have one but can't remember the name of it at the moment but it is the pale pink one! I love the Strawberry Shortcake one on you x

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ooh a pale pink, that sounds interesting! Might have to go and have a little swatching session next time I'm at the Revlon stand. Thanks very much :)
      xo

      Delete
  7. i have about 6 in my collection but raspberry pie and lollipop are my favorite ones! strawberry shortcake and raspberry pie looks great on you!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) I want to buy Lollipop just because of it's name now, I can't wait to check out some of these others, I really love the two I've got so I obviously need to add some more to my collection.
      xo

      Delete
  8. I got these only a few weeks ago and I'm already really impressed! I have the Raspberry Pie as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They apply really well don't they, and to say they're so softening on the lips the pigmentation is fab! :) thanks for the comment x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...