Firstly, Happy New Year! (when is it socially unacceptable to keep saying that?) I know I'm 9 days late to be spreading new year love, but since this is my first chance since being back on english turf again I hope you all drank far too much and brought 2012 in in style! I'm counting on it being the best year yet as I have SO much to look forward to...I'll reveal more in another post soon :) This post is really about my adventures rather than beauty just to mix things up a little..and apologies for how long it is, just got lots to say after my lack of posts recently...
So if you've been reading my recent posts and tweets you'll be well aware that I've not been able to contain my excitement about going to the Big Apple for the first time to celebrate New Year and my 21st Birthday! Well now I'm home it's safe to say I had an AMAZING time just as expected, and I had the best birthday ever! I was actually gutted to have to come home and back to reality!
There's so much too talk about so I'll try and keep it brief and point out some of my favourites and MUST SEE's!...
- Soho for a few hours shopping! You are guaranteed to find some quirky things from the little boutique shops and if you're more of a fan of sticking to what you know, you can always hit Topshop or do the department style shopping in Bloomingdales! Definitely the place to visit for some little one offs that you wouldn't necessarily get at home.
- Macy's! If for nothing else just the sheer size of the beauty section with all of the gorgeous make up and perfume. Hard not to spend all of your money really especially if the exchange rate is good and you can get things for good prices compared to home. The sales are amazing! An added bonus is that if you show some ID to prove you live outside of America you get an additional 10% off. Winner!
- Empire State Building just to see the amazing views of the city, definitely a must see whilst you're there, it's just as good as everyone says it is! Some great photo opportunities there too!
- Times Square! This has to be my favourite place on earth! It's always got so much going on and so busy yet still feels safe to be in. Especially when you stand in front of the billboards and get to see yourself on the big screen - Forever21 have their own billboard dedicated to people seeing themselves on the big screen! Times Square on NYE to bring in 2012 was one of my highlights even though it was essential to be there 6 hours early to get a good spot as there was around 1 million people there sharing the experience! Wrap up warm though and eat a hearty meal before hand because once you're in, you're in! There are always some great celebrities there to bring in the new year, we had such amazing times watching Lady Gaga, Cee Lo Green, Pitbull and even Justin Beiber!
- Central park ice skating Just to make you feel young again and convince yourself you're a pro whilst skating around with people who really take it seriously and know what they're doing! The skyline surrounds you and you can just skate away until your heart's content. Follow this by a lovely relaxing walk around the rest of the park to unwind after the busy sightseeing everywhere else! Lovely times!
- 5th Avenue Shopping! The Apple shop itself is a tourist attraction being just a glass cube with the shop below! There are some beautiful shops down this street, especially around christmas time when they're all decorated! It's so busy around this time of year though so be prepared to queue, we queued for half an hour to get into Abercrombie and Fitch from the minute it opened. The Hollister shop is another must see as they have a live feed of the surfers in California being displayed on the front of their shop, not something you see everyday! Definitely somewhere you can shop till you drop!
There's so much more that I did - even more of the typical touristy things (Statue of Liberty etc- all has to be done) but I won't write more of an essay, although one more tip is definitely go on a bus tour where you can hop on and hop off, makes sight seeing so much easier and you can cram so much into a day without getting tired! If you haven't already been you should really make it one of your life aims to get out there! Especially around Christmas or New Year to join in with all the festivities and see all of the beaut decorations! It's amazing. Such a great start to 2012!
I also had the best 21st Birthday! I had a lovely meal with my best girls who bought me lots of gorgeous things and I got totally spoilt by my family and boyfriend in New York...I'll do a separate post soon about my beautiful gifts, including my gorgeous Vivienne Westwood Jewellery and my new Mulberry purse and they'll definitely be featured a lot when I start doing OOTD's. My new years resolution is to get my blogging mojo back and get the confidence to start being more adventurous! Wish me luck!
What did you all do for New Year and do you have any new years resolutions?
Follow me on Google Friend Connect - Click Here http://www.blogger.com/follow-blog.g?blogID=2703580943452555609