Monday 11 June 2012

My Top 4 Lip Balms ♥

Hey lovelies,

I don't know about you, but a lip balm is one of my 'must have' beauty items. I get quite dry lips throughout the year so keeping them moisturised is essential, so that lipstick glides on and doesn't look all clumpy and patchy. 
After trying lots of different types of lip balms, I've narrowed down to my top 4:

Carmex - This claims to give long-lasting relief for dry chapped lips, and I love it! I find that it first tingles when applied and feels quite cold when you put it on your lips but it soaks in well and doesn't just feel like it's coating your lips as some do, it actually moisturises them and leaves them feeling smooth for a long time after. Perfect for preparing lips for lipstick all year round! The only thing I'm not keen on with the one I've got this time, is the fact that it's in a tub as I feel this can spread germs more easily, although it does also come in a handy squeezy tube which is better for me I find and easy to apply.

Burt's Bees Replenishing lip balm - This claims to be both nourishing and hydrating and again it does what it says on the tin! This comes in many different 'flavours' and I like the one with Pomegranate oil as it tastes and smells really sweet and being pinky/red in colour it leaves a nice little tint on the lips. I also love that it comes in a twisty tube form as it's really easy to apply. It soaks into the lips really quickly and leaves them feeling instantly moisturised and soft. Again, perfect before applying lipstick.

No7 Protect and Perfect Lip Care - I love this one as it's so creamy and moisturising. It also has a real vanilla-y sweet smell and taste which is addictive. It claims to smooth and hydrate lips for 24 hours so I like to apply this before I go to sleep or in the morning to give my lips a moisture boost for the rest of the day. This is in a squeezy tube too, and comes in creamy form as opposed to the other two which are more oil based, but it's perfect for when your lips need a little bit of TLC, and is a nice little treat to apply at night. 

Nivea Essential Care - Out of all my top 4, this one is my least fave but still good enough to be up there! The reason it's my least fave is because I sometimes feel it just coats the lips rather than soaks in straight away but it does soak in eventually after rubbing it in slightly. This is another twisting tube lip balm which I like, and leaves quite a whitish sheer colour on the lips as opposed to the glossy colour from the others which I quite like some days when I don't want to wear a lipstick as it tends to leave a nudey sheen on the lips. Obviously it does work well and really reduces the dryness to leave softer lips so it's a good one to have in the make up bag. 



Have you ever tried any of these lip balms? What are your fave 'go to' lip balms?

x

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore lip balms so i loved this post. I've never used carmex! Don't know why. Will have to check it out. My everyday one at the moment is Burts Bees! xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Carmex is great, it's really good for chapped lips, but if you're using Burt's Bees you're already using a good one I think! :) xo

      Delete
  2. I love carmex! :)
    Never tried Burts Bees but would really like to, will have to look into it sometime!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I only recently started using Burt's Bees but I think it's lovely, and they had quite a few different ones to choose from in Boots :) xo

      Delete
  3. Carmex and Burts are two of my favorites too! Have you tried the Carmex Moisture Plus lipbalms? They do them in a few different colours and they smell like vanilla. Nom.
    Love
    gabriellasofia
    http://hautefuture.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh no I haven't! Will have a little peek next time I'm in Boots or somewhere, I love vanilla scents! :) xo

      Delete
  4. You must try Nuxe's Reve de Miel Lip Balm! It's truly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh ok I'll look into that aswell then when I'm next on the look out for another lipbalm :) thanks! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...