Monday 18 June 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation: Review ♥

Hello lovelies,

I bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation a few months ago as an alternative to my Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, as I wanted something that was a little bit more lightweight (as well as being cheaper) for the good skin days when I didn't need too much coverage or when I was only going to lectures or other day to day things that didn't require a full face of make up.

After it being recommended to me by my housemate and around 40 minutes in Superdrug swatching about a million other foundations I took the plunge and bought it. I was sceptical at first as I didn't think anything would  be comparable to the coverage or finish my Estée Lauder gives, but I was surprised at how natural and blend-able the make up was, whilst still offering a good medium coverage. I chose the shade 103, True Ivory as the closest match to my skin and I found that it applied really easily to my skin and didn't make me look caked in make up at all. I really like the dewy finish as it does make you look more awake and fresh-faced, it's also perfect for my skin which is sometimes prone to dryness and gives it a glow, so maybe those with oily skin wouldn't find it as good because of the dewy and anti-fatigue properties.

The smell is also lovely as it's quite fruity and refreshing for applying in the morning, and I find that it's pretty long lasting as well, which is a massive bonus for me, as I hate when I get half way through the day to find my make up has rubbed off. I sometimes set it with my MAC mineralize skin finish if I know that I need my make up to stay in place longer or I don't want the dewy effect as much and it stays put for the day. Overall a great high street alternative to my Double Wear Light :) and considering I wear it most days and I bought it a few months back, I've still got quite a lot left which is great because a little goes a long way.

This foundation retails at £8.99, and here's some pictures of how it looks on the skin with no powders or blushers on top :) *these pictures had to be taken inside because of the weather, but it will probably feature in most OOTD's which are taken outside*

Have you ever tried this foundation? What is your go-to high street foundation? 

10 comments:

  1. Great review. I agree the smell is lovely. This is my favourite drugstore foundation now. Did a little review when it came out and still think its a lovely lasting one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! It's mine too! I'm really pleased with how long it's lasted me, still got a fair bit left and then I'm definitely going to repurchase :) thanks for your comment! xo

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try this for ages!! Hooked on healthy mix still but maybe its time for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, although I've heard healthy mix is a great one too, maybe I need to test that one out :) thanks for your comment! xo

      Delete
  3. Great review! I've heard so many good things about this product - I've been meaning to take the plunge and try it myself for a while now!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It really is a great high street foundation, definitely a great alternative to some of the more expensive ones and it looks just as good I think! :) xo

      Delete
  4. Ive heard so many good things about this looks lovely on your skin. love the candle in the pic too! x

    http://eatplayshoplove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you :) the candle is from The Range I think :)xo

      Delete
  5. This foundation looks really nice you, might try it out myself! :)

    http://thegreenraybans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would definitely recommend it, enjoy it! :) xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...